Monday, November 01, 2010

Ani ga-ra ba Tel Aviv!

I’m happy.

I’m sitting in my new living room, in my new life, listening to amazing jazz on the radio.

I have a slightly allusive new cat, who is slightly too far from me for my affectionate cat standards, but nevertheless, Kush-Kush is gorgeous! (and he came back)…

Tel Aviv is full of alley cats… many of whom would die for a home, somewhere safe and warm, with cuddles and attention… and of course food! It did not surprise me that on our first night in our flat we adopted a 6 month old black kitty kat… and named him kush kush (kinda like cuitie) and Kushy is like the Hebrew version of ‘black person’… so appropriate (OR NOT?) for a black cat.

So he freaks out on the first night, settles down on the second day and now he is a very happy and curious cat, every day becoming more and more comfortable in his environment.

I have started my Ulpan (Hebrew language course) and day 1 : success!

Now, what do I do with the rest of my day?

There are 2 things in particular that I want to pursue - arts and crafts & cooking...

Being the Domestic Goddess that I am, and having the ha Carmel Shuk (Tel Aviv’s market) close by, where veg is less then half the price then in any other shop on the street (especially on my ‘greenwich village’ that is Sheinkin, I have successfully hosted 2 Kabbalat Shabbat dinner parties.

After this, I will peruse my recipe books for some inspiration… we made the conscious decision a couple of years ago to become vegetarians at home… eat less meat is better for the world… and growing your own veg is best of all… and it makes those burgers and hotdogs when you are out (and probably drunk) so much tastier!

And now, my crafty project… I think first I will finally make my shell picture frame… it something I’m sure I did when I was young too… In Zanzibar, whilst on our honeymoon, I collected shells from the picture perfect beach. We have many gorgeous pictures from when we were there… I will marry the 2 and it will be our first photo to go up on our new walls…

And so… Yalla! Lets do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home